Photos by Linda Belgiano
Park City Pickleball Club’s annual meeting on Oct. 17 offered an opportunity to recap the club’s activities during the past year, including:
- Three tournaments
- Monthly socials
- Weekly skills training
- Lessons and clinics with nationally ranked pros
- Skills assessments
- Special events
- Organized play at a variety of levels.
Club President Greg Leitzke emphasized that all of the club’s activities are powered by volunteers, and that even more help will be needed as we continue to build our pickleball community and infrastructure in Park City.
With that in mind, nominations were solicited for two board positions: vice president and treasurer. Members were urged to nominate themselves or others for these leadership roles before Nov. 1. Nominations, along with a brief biography, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greg also urged members to step up and volunteer for some important non-elected positions:
- Membership Chair – Responsible for welcoming new members, entering them into the LivePickleball site, and assisting with dues management
- Social Media Chair – Responsible for updating and coordinating club communications on Facebook and Instagram
- Tournament Director – Responsible for organizing PCPC’s members-only indoor tournament at Basin Recreation in early January. Assistant tournament directors will be available to help.
- Event Coordinators – Responsible for organizing large club socials, including our December Holiday Party.
To volunteer for these roles, or to offer to help with other projects, please send an email to email@example.com.